Temporary Retaining Walls
Construction projects often require temporary retaining walls to complete the job in phases, and temporary MSE walls are an economical and fast solution for fill situations. Similar to a conventional MSE wall, but with relaxed design requirements and a shorter service life, a temporary MSE wall with wire mesh facing can be left in place or easily removed after use. Temporary MSE walls can also be incorporated into the permanent structures, allowing for extra efficiency in design of the overall project.
The lightweight materials and easy construction procedure of RECo’s wire mesh MSE retaining walls make for the ideal temporary solution for many applications such as:
- Temporary roadway alignments or ramps for shifting traffic patterns during construction phases.
- Roadway widening projects.
- Temporary surcharge for increasing the settlement rate of roadway embankments or other areas.
- Bridge abutment phased construction for new bridges or bridge replacement projects.
- Foundations for cranes or other heavy equipment.
- Accommodating utilities behind a permanent wall.
Benefits of Temporary Retaining Walls
- Lightweight facing materials can be placed by hand
- Easy to deconstruct if it’s to be replaced by a permanent structure
- Other benefits in common with conventional MSE walls
Types of Temporary Retaining Walls
The Reinforced Earth Company Provides the Following Types of Temporary Retaining Walls